Craddock Murray Neumann’s highly experienced litigators, including Partner Julian van Leer have acted in thousands of cases before all State and Federal Courts involving claims by and against private litigants, government departments, banks, insurance companies, liquidators, creditors, debtors, trustees and so on.
The team’s experience covers a wide range of matters and our lawyers’ commercial law/litigation knowledge and acumen allows them to provide business people with sound advice and able representation. Our litigators are aware of and actively manage the impact of a case - including the exposure to risk and expense. We know how distracting litigation can be, and we know how important it is to plan action in consultation with you using your insights into your own position.
Using our ISO-approved quality management systems we prepare thoroughly and report to you so that you are able to make sound judgements on your options and the implications for your business.
Our commercial litigation services include:
- contract disputes
- corporate management/breach of director’s duties issues
- misleading and deceptive conduct litigation
- building cases
- enforcing (and resisting enforcement of) Deeds of Release, mortgages, guarantees, charges etc
- enforcing judgments (writs, garnishees, examinations, instalment orders etc)
- insolvency law - company winding up and bankruptcy proceedings, creditor’s meetings, proofs of debt, examinations of bankrupts and company officers, making and defending claims for “clawing back” assets, preferences, void dispositions and insolvent transactions
- debt recovery actions
- obtaining urgent Court orders to preserve assets - ”Mareva” Injunctions
- Industrial Relations Act matters including re-writing unfair contracts
- partnership and joint venture disputes
- intellectual property disputes
- litigation arising from government regulation/decisions by government departments.
- Court of Equity/Commercial List work including:
- actions based on unfair contracts, undue influence, fraud, unconscionable conduct
- enforcement and rectification of contracts
- applications relating to the exercise of powers of sale by mortgagees
- trusts implied by law (resulting and constructive trusts)
- actions relating to the tracing of trust assets
- dissolution of partnership proceedings
- insurance disputes.
Craddock Murray Neumann Lawyers on (02) 8268 4000 for friendly professional service.