Help with applying for a visa: Contact us on (02) 8268 4000 for expert advice, preferably well ahead of the expiry of any current visa.
An Accredited Specialist in Immigration Law (as certified by the Law Society of New South Wales) leads our team of migration lawyers and agents.
Craddock Murray Neumann is a law firm, which can also assist with applications to the Migration Review Tribunal and the Federal Court if a visa application is unsuccessful. (Migration agents who are not lawyers cannot assist with applications to the Federal Court).
The Subclass 470 visa:
- is suitable for professionals, managers or government officials intending to participate in professional development or training in Australia; and
- allows the holder to reside in Australia for 18 months.
The Australian professional development or training provider applies for the Subclass 470 visa on behalf of all proposed participants.
There are four eligibility criteria for this visa:
1. the overseas employer is recognised as an “eligible employer” and has allowed its employees or other people to participate in a professional development or training program;
2. the proposed visa holder is an employee or a person invited to participate in a professional development or training program;
3. the Australian professional development or training provider is recognised as a “professional development sponsor”; and
4. the proposed professional development or training program meets specific requirements stipulated by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
Once a Subclass 470 visa has been granted:
- the overseas employer must support the participants during the whole program, comply with the professional development agreement, inform the Department of Immigration and Citizenship of any changes impacting their participation and ensure that the payments for the program can be met;
- the participant must complete the professional development or training program, inform the Department of Immigration and Citizenship of any changes impacting on their participation, have health insurance and comply with their payment obligations under the professional development agreement.
Warning: this page states the law as at 15.12.11. The law is complex. The law may have changed when you read this page. Contact us to confirm your rights.